Sunday, August 3, 2008

Enter Stage Left....Kismet

Six months ago I was a very sick woman. It's hard to describe to a healthy person what it's like to be convinced that you are dying. Not only that, but I had gotten to the point where I decided that if this was to be my life then I didn't want it to go on much longer. No, I did not contemplate suicide. I was just ready to give up. By a cosmic alliance greater than any I have encountered I happened apon the CAYA coven, sweetly nestled in Berkeley CA and the bay area in general. I still can't get all the facts straight, but before I knew it I was being driven to The Sacred Well by my husband. I was still too ill to drive and even my husband (a christian) knew that I was desperate for contact with likeminded women. I was to meet Rabbit.
And there I was, sitting across from a Force. She saw into me and heard my dialog with Skuld, the third Fate, who hold the scissors that cuts you from this life and sends you back into the cauldron of ancestors to wait for a new body. I was there to talk with her and decide if I was a proper fit in her new Dianic Initiate group. There I was, searching, reaching for help. I needed the Goddess back in my life, I needed help. I was told later by Rabbit that she knew where I was without me even having to tell her. She felt, at the time of our first meeting, that if these were my last days in this life that Dianic training would help me transition. (I'm paraphrasing and hoping I'm doing it right!)
And that's how my life began again. Since going through my initiation ceremony (and seeing Z Budapest!) and joining my fellow witch sisters on this path, my health has been improving in unexpected ways. The medical profession has done little to make me this way. It has ALL come from my work, the love and support of my sisters, the sometimes not so gentle urgings of the Goddess, and the amazing love, light, power, inspiration, guidance, history changing ways of my HP, and did I mention love? Wow, unconditional love that I've only ever experienced from animals, is now being showered over me by the most powerfull group of women that I have ever known.
We are the future. We are the now. We can make changes and we are starting already....even before our year and a day is up. Take charge, kick ass and have someone else take the names because we are too busy changing how our childrens childrens children will look back and be so proud of how we defeated patriarchy with our love and our words and our actions. Not with guns and war. Not by harming our enemies, but by teaching them how to love.
Goddess bless

3 comments:

Mama Ladybug said...

Yeah... what you said! :)

jennybach said...

Just so you know, your post made me cry (but it's a good thing).

~ Rowan

Anonymous said...

Kismet- I am so happy you decided to save your life. What a gift to receive it is- every day- to receive the faith and trust you have given us. We DO love you unconditionally and we are right her for you. Priestess training is good for all of life's transitions- from birth to death to recovery of all sorts. May your recovery from illness be swift, potent, and ongoing till you reach radiant good health. So mote it be.